Visiting scholars at the Department of Information Studies
The Department of Information Studies at the University of Copenhagen welcomes visiting scholars at various stages in their academic careers, ranging from PhD students to full professors. The aim of such visits is to further enhance and accelerate research at the department – and to establish lasting collaborative relationships with national and international scholars. We accept visitors for short periods (a week) and for longer periods (a year).
Visitors will have access to library services, internet, and we will provide a work station. We are unable to provide funding for visitors.
Faculty host requirement
In order to apply to be a visiting scholar at the Department of Information Studies, it is the responsibility of a prospective visitor to identify a faculty member with whom they would collaborate during the visit. That faculty member must agree to serve as the faculty host for the visit and collaborate with the visitor throughout their stay.
To find a potential host, we refer potential visitors to the department’s website: http://iSchool.ku.dk. Once a faculty member has agreed to serve as host, that faculty member will initiate the internal application process; the prospective visitor should contact this faculty host with any questions about the process.
In addition to collaborating with the faculty host, we encourage each vsiting scholar to enrich the community in other ways during their stay, such as by:
- Giving a research presentation. We strongly encourage that such presentations are given at the start of their visit in order to introduce themselves to the community and to further collaborative options during their visit.
- Exploring potential research collaborations with other faculty and PhD students.
- Giving guest lectures in classes.
- Interacting regularly with faculty and graduate students
- Participating in one or more research groups' activities and meetings.
- Initiating or participating in research reading groups.
- Department of Information Studies:
- Faculty of Humanities
- International Staff Mobility
- Housing information